On My Wishlist (1)

Hosted by Book Chick City


The Haunted by Jessica Verday
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Series: The Hollow
Goodreads | Amazon

An impossible truth. An impossible love.

After a summer spent reclaiming her sanity and trying to forget the boy she fell in love with-the boy who must not exist, cannot exist, because she knows that he is dead-Abbey returns to Sleepy Hollow, ready to leave the ghosts of her past behind. She throws herself into her schoolwork, her perfume-making, and her friendship with Ben, her cute and funny lab partner, who just might be her ticket to getting over Caspian once and for all.

But Abbey can never get over Caspian, and Caspian has no choice but to return to her side, for Caspian is a Shade, and Abbey is his destiny. They are tied not only to each other, but also to the town of Sleepy Hollow, and to the famous legend that binds their fates-a legend whose dark truths they are only beginning to guess....

The way the first book ended I really want to see how it continues.

Matched by Ally Condie
Release Date: November 30, 2010
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Series: Matched
Goodreads | Amazon

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

I've never read a dystopian novel before. This seems like a good one to start with.

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Series: The Dark Divine
Goodreads | Amazon

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process. When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do. She must become a Hound of Heaven.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot—a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero. But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel is put in danger—in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her—not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

I was pleasantly surprise how much I liked The Dark Divine. Can't wait to see how it continues.

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Release Date: May 24, 2011
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Series: Perfect Chemistry
Goodreads | Amazon

Luis Fuentes is a good boy who doesn't live with the angst that his big brothers, Alex and Carlos, have always lived with. Luis is smart, funny, and has big dreams of becoming an astronaut. But when he falls for the wrong girl, Luis enters a dark world he's never known, and just when he thinks he's got life all figured out, learns some disturbing news about his family that destroys his positive outlook on life. Will that Fuentes bad boy streak come out with a vengeance and lure Luis to live on the edge like his new girlfriend and his own father?

The only negative I can see with this book is that it's the last in the Perfect Chemistry series. I like the fact that unlike the other book, this Fuentes brother isn't the bad boy type.

7 comments:

  1. Matched! That's on my wishlist this week too! Great picks! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Chain Reaction either!! I love Elkeles writing style. Hope you get to read these soon.

    Here's what I've got on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome wishlist! I have those books on my TBR pile as well. I love the covers for all these books. NEW Follower & I believe first !!! YAY,

    looking forward to reading your blog and your review of Last Sacrifice, I love VA.

    here's mine
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/02/on-my-wishlist3_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Matched and The Lost Saint too.
    New follower as well. :)

    On Our Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late posting my wishes because I'm slammed with research for a paper. These wishes are from January. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Matched too and I have to get to Perfect Chemistry first (since I hear it's awesome), but then Chain Reaction sounds good!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I have Matched on my list as well!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...