On My Wishlist (2)

Hosted by Book Chick City


Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
Release Date: July 26, 2011
Publisher: Philomel
Series: Nightshade
Goodreads | Amazon

This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended.Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

I've read an excerpt of this book and I'm really looking forward to finding out how the story continues. A lot of people seem to be team Ren, which is strange since he was so arrogant in the first book until the ending. I guess it must be the bad boy attitude.

Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales by Joanna Karaplis
Release Date: October 27, 2010
Publisher: McKellar & Martin Publishing Group
Goodreads | Amazon

Everyone knows a fairytale or two. They’re the kind of stories that seem to stick with you. Maybe it’s the magic. Maybe it’s the handsome prince. Or maybe they’re just the absolute perfect place to lose yourself for a little while.

But what would happen if Snow White were around today? Would Cinderella still need a fairy godmother? And would the Little Mermaid show up on YouTube?

Joanna Karaplis has put an unexpected spin on Snow White, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid; she’s quietly fractured the stories and then reassembled them for the 21st Century. So, while there may not be a whole lot of horse-drawn carriages and magic potions, you can be sure that there will be at least one evil witch and maybe even a handsome prince (or two)…

I like the idea of re-telling fairy tales, but it doesn't seem to be available in Europe. I'll keep it in mind.

Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Release Date: March 22, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Series: The Chemical Garden
Goodreads | Amazon

What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limited time she has left.

Women live five years shorter than men and are force into polygamous marriages, I can already feel this book flustering me, but I still want to read it.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Release Date: February 1, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Delirium
Goodreads | Amazon

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love--the deliria--blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold.

Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: she falls in love.

I was going to order this the other day, but it's either not available or I have to wait up to a month to get it. I'll try again later.

Possesion by Elana Johnson
Release Date: June 7th, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Goodreads | Amazon

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

There are so many dystopian novels coming out. I don't know which one to start with, but this will definitely be one of them. I'm already in love with the cover.

9 comments:

  1. These all look really good. I have read a bit about Wolfsbane and Delirium, but haven't picked them up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teh idea of fractured - fairy tales are a passion of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of great books I really want to read especially Delirium and Wolfbane!
    I'm a new follower^^

    My wishlist:
    http://mysteriousrose.blogspot.com/2011/02/on-my-wishlist-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fractured looks interesting, I love spins on fairytales and I haven't seen this one. The cover is so pretty too.

    Sidenote - it must be awful not being able to get books everyone else talks about! I just take it for granted that I can get my hands on everything and never think about my European bookish friends having to wait for them. I'd be pulling my hair out.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Delirium. That's a book that stays with you for a while. I need to read Nightshade. I've heard that book is full of awesome. Hope you get to read all of these soon.

    Here's what is on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I can't wait to read Wolfsbane. And Wither was really, really good.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. GReat list! I picked up Nightshade at the library this week, and have Delirium on my Nook waiting to be read. I hope they are both great!

    Happy Reading!
    Christy @TheReaderBee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list, I have Nightshade to read yet so Wolfsbane is on my list too, I can't wait to get Wither either.

    On Our Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fractured sounds good. I have more wishes from January. Come see what I'm wishing for

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...