On My Wishlist (3)

Hosted by Book Chick City


Wherever You Go by Heather Davis
Release Date: November 14, 2011
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Goodreads | Amazon

Seventeen-year-old Holly Mullen has felt lost and lonely ever since her boyfriend, Rob, died in a tragic accident. The fact that she has to spend most of her free time caring for her little sister and Alzheimer’s-stricken grandfather doesn’t help. But Holly has no idea that as she goes about her days, Rob’s ghost is watching over her. He isn’t happy when he sees his best friend, Jason, reach out to help Holly with her grandfather—but as a ghost, he can do nothing to stop it. Is his best friend really falling for his girlfriend?

As Holly wonders whether to open her heart to Jason, the past comes back to haunt her. Her grandfather claims to be communicating with the ghost of Rob. Could the messages he has for Holly be real? And if so, how can the loved ones Rob left behind help his tortured soul make it to the other side?

I came across this after the cover was revealed this week and thought it sounded interesting. It's told from the perspectives of Holly, Jason and Rob. Kinda reminds me of Kissed By an Angel.

Hooked by Catherine Greenman
Release Date: August 9, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Goodreads | Amazon

Thea Galehouse has always known how to take care of herself. With a flighty club-owner mom and a standoffish, recovering-alcoholic dad, Thea has made her own way in her hometown of New York, attending the prestigious and competitive Stuyvesant High School. But one chat with Will, a handsome and witty senior, and she's a goner—completely hooked on him and unable to concentrate on anything else.

Always worried that she loves Will more than he loves her, Thea is pleasantly surprised when their romance weathers his move to college and Will goes out of his way to involve her in his life. But then, Thea misses a period. And that starts Thea and Will on a wild ride that neither of them could have possibly prepared for. When they decide to keep the baby, their concerned parents chip in what they can to keep Will in school and give both teenagers a comfortable place to raise their child. But when a freak accident leaves Thea shaken and threatens to upend their little family altogether, Thea is forced to turn to the last place she would have chosen for comfort: her stiff, uncompromising father.

I've never read a book involving teenage pregnancy. Because of that I can imagine this being a little controversial.

The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels
Release Date: August 13, 2010
Publisher: Bokheim Publishing
Series: Sense of Truth
Goodreads | Amazon

No one knew of its existence until it was removed from the attic upstairs.

In a beautiful house that overlooks the sea, an antique clock has the power to change the course of their lives.

The power the clock resonates will not only force Destiny and ex-boyfriend David on a journey into the depths of one man's mind long dead, but into the mind of a man filled with hatred and bent on revenge.

With the only clues to the nature of the clock having disappeared into the sea, Destiny and David must retrace the steps the man had taken into the darkness, before they fall prey to the trap he had set in motion over half a century ago.

Hatred never dies.

A lot of book descriptions give away a little too much. I like the fact that I have no idea what this is really about. It seems like it might have elements of horror.

6 comments:

  1. I love all three covers, and I especially find the synopsis of Wherever you go interesting. It sure sounds like a book I would love to read. The Thirteenth Chime sounds like an enjoyable read as well.

    Here's My Wishlist for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last book about teen pregnancy I read was ..in the stone age and it was probably a Judy Blume, when she first started writing them (like in the 70's).

    I just finished Everlast, so your first book about ghosts watching over their girlfriends sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wishlist!! I haven't heard of any of these books, but they all sound so good! I'm going to add them to my reading list now! :)

    I wonder about Hooked... I agree, it may be a little controversial. That's the second book I've heard about this week that deals with teen pregnancy. The first being Bumped. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews on these books. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read The Thirteenth Chime too. Hope you get to read these soon.

    On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooked and Thirteen Chimes look really good. Adding to my TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have four wishlist books at home right now to read. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...