The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
Release Date: March 16, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Goodreads | Amazon

Everyone knows the unwritten rule: You don't like your best friend's boyfriend.

Sarah has had a crush on Ryan for years. He's easy to talk to, supersmart, and totally gets her. Lately it even seems like he's paying extra attention to her. Everything would be perfect except for two things: Ryan is Brianna's boyfriend, and Brianna is Sarah's best friend.

Sarah forces herself to avoid Ryan and tries to convince herself not to like him. She feels so guilty for wanting him, and the last thing she wants is to hurt her best friend. But when she's thrown together with Ryan one night, something happens. It's wonderful...and awful.

Sarah is torn apart by guilt, but what she feels is nothing short of addiction, and she can't stop herself from wanting more...

Elizabeth Scott gets into the mind and emotions, which made me feel like I had a personal stake in how things would end for Sarah. The premise for the story isn't necessarily new, but it's the authors take on it that makes all the difference. I have no problem reading novels that have similar situations as long as the author brings something unique and interesting to it which was accomplished here. There's also more to this novel than just forbidden feelings. Friendship and family is also touched upon, which makes it more realistic. No one's life revolves around one occurrence and one problem at a time so I thought it was great that other realistic elements were added to the story as well. I related and sympathize with Sarah. Ryan was very sweet and likeable which is important since if I can't like the love interest I don't have as much stake in the relationship. Brianna was a very interesting character and different from what I'd expected. I've never stumbled upon a friend character like her. I'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. I just read the book, I enjoyed reading your review, here's mine: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-unwritten-rule-by-elizabeth-scott.html

    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...