Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop (4)

Give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

  • I'm addicted to hardcover editions. I've been trying to cut back because paperbacks are cheaper, but it's not easy.
  • I'm not the type of person who writes or highlights passages in a book, but I always write my surname, date of purchase and where I bought it on the first page unless it's an ARC, then I write it on a post-it.
  • I have all the available collector's editions of the Twilight Saga still wrapped in the plastic it was packaged in. Why, I can't explain.
  • When I listen to an audiobook, I sometimes have the book in front of me because I'm afraid something might be left out. I've noticed that even when it's unabridged, sentences or whole passages can be left out, but not often.
  • Once I start a series, even if I don't like it, there is a part of me that wants/needs to finished what I started.

If you could physically put yourself into a book or series… which one would it be and why?

Hmmm, that's a really good question. The first series that comes to mind is the Midnight Breed, which is a surprise to me. Specifically, Veil of Midnight because the heroine, Renata is a fighter in more ways than one. I'm not fond of the drinking blood, even if it's the fountain of youth, but if I were a Breedmate* it wouldn't be an issue. I'd get to kick ass and be with the love of my life for eternity, what more could a girl want :-)

*a small number of human females born with the mark of a teardrop falling into the cradle of a crescent moon, unique extrasensory skills and the even rarer capability to successfully reproduce with those of the Breed (vampires).

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of your choice. Might have to chekck it out. Mine is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to follow along with a book while listening to an audiobook once... I got left behind. LOL! Nice pick for the Blog Hop, I will have to check that series out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the audiobook thing shocked me. I've never had the book in front of me while listening and I always go for the unabridged, but I didn't realize that sometimes there could still be some stuff missing. So far, though, the only audiobooks I've listened to are of books I've already read many times, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal, but I'd be really upset if I listened to a book I'm unfamiliar with only to find out I didn't get the whole experience!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your support on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I should really get the Twilight Collector's edition.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm brutal. I will give up on any book, on any series that disappoints me.

    Here's my post for this hop. Hope you will stop by. I always follow back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...