On My Wishlist (7)

Hosted by Book Chick City


Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter
Release Date: March 29, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Series: Shadow Falls
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Kylie Galen has had a lot of crap tossed in her lap lately. Her parents are getting a divorce for who the heck knows why. Her boyfriend broke up with her because she wouldn't put out. And her grandmother died because . . . well, older people do that. But now, Kylie's acquired a stalker and she hasn't a clue what he wants or how to get rid of him . . . and she really wants to get rid of him because apparently she's the only one who sees him. Thinking she may be losing it, her parents send her off to see a psychologist who gets Kylie sent to Shadow Falls Camp. Kylie and her parents think it's a camp for troubled teens.

They thought wrong.

Kylie's surrounded by vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches and shapeshifters. And if she believes what they tell her, she's one of them. They're just not sure exactly how she fits in. As Kylie struggles to cope with the realization that these creatures even exist, and the fact that she might not be human, she's got two hot guys, a werewolf and a half-fairy vying for her attention. And they can just keep vying. Kylie's determined that before she lets her heart loose on love, she needs to unearth the truth. What does the ghost want? Who can and can't she trust? And most of all . . . What is she?

Click here to download a PDF of the Shadow Falls short story, Turned At Dark.

Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian
Release Date: June 28, 2001
Publisher: Bantam Dell
Series: Midnight Breed
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Delivered from the darkness, a woman finds herself plunged into a passion that is DEEPER THAN MIDNIGHT . . .

At eighteen, Corinne Bishop was a beautiful, spirited young woman living a life of privilege as the adopted daughter of a wealthy family. Her world was changed in an instant when she was stolen away and held prisoner by the malevolent vampire Dragos. After many years of captivity and torment, Corinne is rescued by the Order, a cadre of vampire warriors embroiled in a war against Dragos and his followers. Her innocence taken, Corinne has lost a piece of her heart as well--the one thing that gave her hope during her imprisonment, and the only thing that matters to her now that she is free.

Assigned to safeguard Corinne on her trip home is a formidable golden-eyed Breed male called Hunter. Once Dragos's most deadly assassin, Hunter now works for the Order, and he's hell-bent on making Dragos pay for his manifold sins. Bonded to Corinne by their mutual desire, Hunter will have to decide how far he'll go to end Dragos's reign of evil--even if carrying out his mission means shattering Corinne's tender heart.

I'm a big fan of the series and was very happy to read that there will be two additional books, making it twelve instead of just the initial ten.

8 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to read Born at Midnight either .. and I love its cover !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeper than Midnight is my favorite of the Midnight Breeds. I was glad to hear there'd be extra books too (although I was glad because I thought there'd been a couple of stinkers and wanted a couple to make up for it, lol).

    I hope you get to read both books soon!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of teh Midnight Breed yet but I quite like the sound of Deeper Than Midnight! What's the first in the series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read book one of the Midnight series. I can't wait to read the rest! Hope you get to read these soon!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Born at Midnight sounds really great! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want born at midnight at midnight as well! I love that cover. thanks for stopping by my blog
    .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover of Born at Midnight. I am revamping how I do the wishlist meme. Come see what's different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Born at Midnight sounds great. I think I should look for it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...