"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Beginning of After

Hosted by Breaking The Spine


The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads | Amazon

“Anyone who’s had something truly crappy happen to them will tell you: it’s all about Before and After. What I’m talking about here is the ka-pow, shake-you-to-your-core-and-turn-your-bones-to-plastic kind of crappy. One part of your life unyokes from the other.”

Sixteen-year-old Laurel’s world changes instantly when her parents and brother are killed in a terrible car accident. Behind the wheel is the father of her bad-boy neighbour, David Kaufman, whose mother is also killed. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laurel navigates a new world in which she and her best friend grow apart, boys may or may not be approaching her out of pity, overpowering memories lurk everywhere, and Mr. Kaufman is comatose but still very much alive. Through it all, there is David, who swoops in and out of Laurel’s life and to whom she finds herself attracted against her better judgement. She will forever be connected to him by their mutual loss, a connection that will change them both in unexpected ways.

This was on my wishlist last week, but I'm so eager to read it I'm featuring it again.

12 comments:

  1. I just heard about this book recently! Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time I've seen this one featured. I'm going to have to check it out, I think!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this one on another blog and it sound so tragically sad and intriguing at the same time. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously in love with the cover, the colours are just so pretty. But then whoa - throw in a fantastic plot! Awesome pick, I can't wait to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound so great, sad but great. I am looking forward to reading this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds really great. I can't wait to read it. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad! I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this on a lot of WoWs recently, and I've added it to my TBR list. It looks like a great book that would be very emotional and intense. Great pick!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my wish-list, too! Love, lovely pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote. Sounds like the protag has a great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I saw this one featured in WoW last week and added it to my wishlist. It sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...