Follow Friday (6)

Do you judge a book by it's cover?

Yes and No. I'm guilty of buying books because they have beautiful covers, i.e., Fallen by Lauren Kate and will even read genres I normally wouldn't, but I'd still get a book I'm interested in even if it didn't, i.e., Coraline by Neil Gaiman.


It just might take me a little longer to find out I'm interested. The only reason I knew about Coraline was because Neil Gaiman is a known author and the movie was coming out. I don't want to know how many books are out there that I'd enjoy, but don't know. Any recommendations?

7 comments:

  1. Great answer.
    I'm a new follower:)
    You can see my FF on my blog http://guiltypleasuresreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday.html

    Happy FF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! If the cover is something I like I'll read it faster! I'm already a follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bad cover won't stop me from reading a book, but like you, it might take me awhile to figure out it's a book up my alley.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we can all agree that even the most beautiful book cover can't sell a book if the writing's not there. Book cover art may, at best, help steer me in the book's direction (especially if I'm in a book store) but it's not going to hypnotize me into buying it right then and there.

    I expound on all the marketing qualities of a good book. Just follow me back to my book blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank God it's Follow Friday!?

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is my first time to participate in The Friday Follow My Blog Hop-A lot of the 500 or so blogs I do follow join in every week so I thought why not try it-I will happily return all follows

    The Reading Life

    Mel u

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it really hard to resist pretty books! You're right though, about some books having pretty covers and not great stories. It's really disappointing when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful covers definitely do make the experience more enjoyable but it does depend, you are correct! New Follower!

    My post

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...