My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
Release Date: December 29, 2009
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Soul Screamers
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

If she were going to die, I’d already be screaming. I’m a banshee. That’s what we do.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

After reading My Soul to Take, I was very excited to see how the story continues. Things between Kaylee and Nash are heating up or at least they're trying to, but there's always something interrupting them. Sometimes its name is Tod. Which I have to admit is as funny as it is frustrating. Nash gets angry because he thinks Tod is using Kaylee's compassion and her guilt over what her aunt did in My Soul to Take, which has her putting herself in danger. I find it a little strange that her dad, who hasn't been around most of her life, isn't trying to reconnect with her. It's probably to keep the storyline going, but the way he's portrayed I'd think he would want to spend time with her.

I did enjoy this book, but not as much as My Soul to Take. A lot happens, but it wasn't as fast-paced as I'd hoped it would be. Despite that I'm still a big fan of the series and look forward to reading the next instalment. Finger-crossed things between Kaylee and Nash progress because I have a feeling the opposites going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this series. I've only read the first two books though... I'm kind of dodging the third book because of some stuff I have read about it. Glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still have to read the 1st instalment, but it's great to see that the sequels aren't that bad:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...