"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Hosted by Breaking The Spine


The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Release Date: November 15, 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.
Events

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can't be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country's only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

7 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to read this!!! Gah, I love Kimberly Derting's books! Awesome pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new author for me. I am going to check it out! Here is my pick: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about this one too! Gotta love books about linguistics disguised as a YA Dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a dystopian fan but I love Kimberly Derting's books so it's on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll definitely read The Pledge. I loved Derting's The Body Finder series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this one too. Come on November...

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dystopia+ Kimberly Derting= win. At least I'm hoping so, too! Great pick; this one can't come fast enough. New follower, by the way. Love your blog!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...