Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Series: Covenant
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendent of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her.

Daimon is the prequel to Half-Blood. We're introduced to the main character Alex (Alexandria) and her mom, a Hematoi (HEM-a-toy). The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals. Alex is a Half-Blood, a child of a Hematoi and mortal. She suppose to be training at the Covenant to become a Sentinel - somebody who hunts and kills Daimons (DEE-muns), but her mother took away one night ans still refuses to explain why, just that it's not safe there for them. What happens in Daimon proves that the world isn't any safer.

Prequel are usually a hint of what's to come, but this was pure torture. How am I suppose to wait patiently for Half-Blood after reading this? It ends on a cliffhanger and then I thought, luckily there is a sneak peak of Half-Blood. Which again, ends on a cliffhanger! This feeling I'm left with, must be what it's like to have an addiction.

It's a great, fast-paced introduction to a new series that will leave you wanting more. In short - The best prequel I've ever read.

I'd recommend this to fans of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy.

Download Daimon for FREE here.

1 comment:

  1. I ADORED this book. I luckily got my ARC of Half-Blood the next week, so I didn't have to wait. I had to buy the paperback of Daimon for my shelf I loved it so much. Both books were SO GREAT!!! I recommended it to fans of Vampire Academy as well! Glad I'm not alone in that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...