Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me by Amy Plum
Release Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Revenants
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

After the death of their parents, Kate and her sister, Georgia move to Paris to live with their grandparents. Their both dealing with everything in very different ways. Georgia chooses to keep herself busy, going out and surrounding herself with people while Kate, an introvert cuts herself off from the world and has her head in books. Georgia convinces her to get out and she sits in a café to read her favourite classic novel. Then she notices a gorgeous guy staring at her from across the café. After months of just existing, with Vincent's help, she finally starts to live again, but isn't sure if she's ready to risk her heart.

The majority of the books I read are paranormal, so I can't express enough how refreshing it is to read about something other than the usual creatures. Revenants, which is a French word and literally means "one who comes back" are spirits that returns from the dead. The word seems to be popping up everywhere now, but I'd never heard of them before this book and love that Amy Plum created her own mythology for them.

Another big plus is that it's set in Paris. Apart from the obvious reasons (it's Paris), it's a nice change from the usual American setting.

Kate is easily lovable and very smart. Although she feels a connection to Vincent, she isn't blinded by it. She stops and thinks about the reality of a relationship with him instead of that instant love we've come to know, which makes it more realistic.

Vincent is a Revenants. That doesn't sound like much of a description, but when you find out what kind of person you'd have to be to become one, is explanation enough apart from he's French (enough said), a gentleman and gorgeous.

I don't just adore Kate and Vincent, but have a fondness for all the characters, which doesn't happen as often as I'd like. If I ever met Jules, I'd probably giggle like a girl with her first crush after one wink.

I love this book! The story is captivating, well-written and beautifully depicted. The ending left me satisfied and anticipating how it will continue in the next book.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I think I would giggle like a schoolgirl over Jules as well! :) So glad you liked this! I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. I totally agree with you on the setting. I found it really refreshing. I really need to get my review up for this one. I love The cover but my cover is different, with the main character in her blue dress in the boat. I like both lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...