Follow Friday (12) & Book Blogger Hop (6)


What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.)

I think I'd prefer the zombie apocalypse over Mel Gibson. All Zombie have a bad rep, even though there might be some good ones that are just thrown into the same category, but Mel has his reputation for a reason. I'll take my cue from Mizaru, Kikazaru and Iwazaru. If I don't see, speak or hear about it, then it's not happening.




Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it’s close to your heart!

I'd say my 11th IMM post because I received an ARC of Starcrossed from Josephine Angelini after asking me out of the blue if I wanted it. I'm not comfortable asking authors for ARCs, especially since it's expensive to send them to Europe and there is always the risk that I might not like the book. It's my first physical ARC that I got from an author and if that wasn't sweet enough, she personally signed it. I never expected when I started blogging that anything like this would happen or that I'd actually have followers. Thank you doesn't seem like enough to Josephine Angelini and to all my followers.

Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Starcrossed was definitely an enjoyable read and that is such a great story about her signing it. People can be so nice!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower from Follow Friday :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Barbara @ Black, White and Read All Over

    www.readerbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true,there could be some good zombies out there suffereing under the bad rep of the bunch.

    New follower!
    Here's mine:

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answers made me smile because I also said that I'd take the zombies over Mel! Stopping by to say hello for the Friday blog hops! Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, new follower here! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love your answer! You have a very good point. :) Mel used to be so awesome, don't know what went wrong there. lol

    :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe great answer!

    Have a great weekend girl!

    Amber
    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping through...what a sweet story about the author who sent you a personalized ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for awesome authors. Interacting with them is one of the best things about book blogging.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the saying goes – the best defense is a good offense. I’ve got that covered! My preparations for the zombie apocalypse are not just intricate, they’re stylish. I’m not talking “last stand” stuff here. I mean to lure in the zombies and slaughter them wholesale while we sip champagne and watch.

    How am I going to do that? Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read all about it.

    Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging is so much fun...I used to look at blogs and wonder what in the world is Mailbox Monday, and how do these folks make these beautiful blogs. Now I know. :)

    I like this week's question.

    Enjoy the hop.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice story. I've found authors to be very kind.

    I'm stopping by via the Hop. I always follow back.

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I am having a wonderful giveaway this month at my blog, Readerbuzz I'm giving away a lovely hardback copy of Anna and the French Kiss! Hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's soo cool that you got the Starcrossed ARC!I've got the netgalley and am going to read it soon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...