In My Mailbox (15)

Hosted by The Story Siren


FOR REVIEW
Sternenwandler by Tracy Buchanan

PURCHASED
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by Suzanne Collins

WON
Fatal Affair by Marie Force

R.A.K.
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

With all the information and promo shots being released about the Mortal Instruments and Hunger Games because of the upcoming movies, I just decided to finally buy the box sets. I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't read these series and some fellow bloggers pleaded with me to meet Jace. I'll use any excuse to justify buying so many books :-)

Sternenwandler (one possible translation could be "Star Shifter") is originally English. It's only available in German right now, but hopefully that will change because I think a lot of people would be interested in it. This is how Tracy Buchanan described what the book is about in an interview:

Sixteen-year-old Tori's life takes a turn for the weird when she meets Cam, a boy with a genetic mutation that means he can morph into any person or animal he meets. When they start falling for each other, their relationship is tested as Tori contends with her parents' abusive relationship and Cam struggles to control his abilities – there's nothing like morphing into your girlfriend's Dad to ruin the moment! Then events start spiralling out of control when Tori discovers her Dad captures people like Cam for a living.

If you're interested, you can read the first chapter, a deleted scene and sequel teaser in English.

{A big THANK YOU to Piper Verlag, Marie Force and Laura at All of Everything}

HINT
I "PREDICT" there will be an interview and chance to win an upcoming release very soon.
WHO WILL IT BE?

10 comments:

  1. I hope you'll enjoy THE HUNGER GAMES when you finally read it. I'll watch out for your reaction!! :)

    And I need to read JENNA FOX, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I can't wait to see what you think of The Hunger Games and The Mortal Insturments! Both series are faves of mine. :) I really, really hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice haul of books. Hope you enjoy them. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cassandra Clare and The Hunger Games!!! I own all of the Mortal Instruments, but I really need to buy The Hunger Games series soon. I hope you enjoy them! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassandra Clare doesn't really do it for me. I liked the first book ok enough, I guess, but eh...After the 2nd, I never felt compelled to read more.
    The Hunger Games, however... I push those on EVERYBODY. SO. GOOD.

    I need to read The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I have TWO copies of it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! I hope you love The Mortal Instrument series. I love Cassandra Clare.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the same "Hunger Games" and "City of Bones" box set...both signed!!! I didn't get to meet them though I ordered it @ one of the book stores doing their signing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my mailbox. Nice sets of books. You'll love Jenna Fox! There's a second book of that out too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOH - I hope you enjoy your books!! :)

    I love the first three Mortal Instruments books and Jenna Fox, as well as The Hunger Games (although, Mockingjay - BLERGH).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...