Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Release Date: May 26, 2011
Publisher: Jamie McGuire, LLC
Goodreads | Amazon | Smashwords

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis' apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

I really enjoyed this book. There is just so much more to it than the synopsis reveals. I've read entire series that weren't as eventful from beginning to end and I'm saying that about a realistic fiction that doesn't have the advantages of a fantasy book where absolutely anything is possible. Every time I thought the book was ending after a momentous chapter and the problem being resolved I'd be pleasantly surprised how many pages were left.

The characters are complex and far from perfect. I was happy, sad, frustrated and disappointed for and in them, but always rooted for Abby and Travis to try and make their very complicated relationship work. We get to know their back-story which can be ignored in some novels, but I feel is important because it adds credibility to their reactions in situations.

Beautiful Disaster was an amazing roller coaster ride. If you're looking for something different from the usual "boy and girl meet and fall in love" story, this is for you.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great.
    Sometimes I really like reading about imperfect characters as long as they will get a happy end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the cover alone, I'd expect to find some interesting stuff inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the next books I read! I'm glad you like it.

    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book and I think you may have made me want it even more! I love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was amazing. Every moment between Travis and Abby just sent shivers down my spine. It was THAT good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...