Friday Hops


Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

I know a lot of people aren't going to like this, but Twilight was one of the books that got me reading more frequently. One of my favourite times of the year is Halloween because of the magic and mystery surrounding it. Since I didn't have much luck with books when I was younger it never occurred to me to look for that paranormal world in books and not jut movies until Twilight.

With the popularity of YA, I kind of forgot there was anything else until I came across J.D. Robb's In Death series. It is set in a futuristic world, which the geek in me loves and I'm now making a conscious effort to read a variety of books.


What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

A really tough question. I'm going to go with Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

10 comments:

  1. GFC Follower :) I would love to get a hold of Pure too. I have Half Blood and I love it!

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was obsessed with Twilight too!! I couldn't get enough of them because I had discovered the paranormal world too! Great pick :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, TWILIGHT is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about...yes, Bella sucks...but the books are really good! I'm just glad I discovered TWILIGHT at my local B&N when it was still the only book available and before anyone knew about it or else I may never have read it.

    Happy Friday!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure sounds great! Of course, I still need to read Half Blood... But they both sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Yay for Twilight! I updated my FF post I think after you stopped by to link to an old post of mine about why no one should be ashamed to like Twilight. Check it out.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand about picking Twilight. It's often the really popular series that attract people's attention and gets them to think- hey! I want to check that out. Plus, it really is a super interesting story! :)

    I really loved Tuck Everlasting as a kid- it was one of the first books that really stuck with me long after I finished reading it.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...