On My Wishlist (19)



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.


Legend by Marie Lu
Release Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Series: Legend
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Possess by Gretchen McNeil
Release Date: August 23, 2011
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her mom, but the cute son of a local police sergeant, and by the eerie voices she can suddenly and inexplicably hear. Unfortunately for Bridget, it turns out the voices are demons – and Bridget has the rare ability to banish them back to whatever hell they came from.

Terrified to tell people about her new power, Bridget confides in a local priest who enlists her help in increasingly dangerous cases of demonic possession. But just as she is starting to come to terms with her new power, Bridget receives a startling message from one of the demons. Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the demons' plan before someone close to her winds up dead – or worse, the human vessel of a demon king.

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
Release Date: August 6, 2011
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Rosalinda Fitzroy has been asleep for sixty-two years when she is woken by a kiss.

Locked away in the chemically induced slumber of a stasis tube in a forgotten sub-basement, sixteen-year-old Rose slept straight through the Dark Times that killed millions and utterly changed the world she knew. Now her parents and her first love are long dead, and Rose — hailed upon her awakening as the long-lost heir to an interplanetary empire — is thrust alone into a future in which she is viewed as either a freak or a threat.

Desperate to put the past behind her and adapt to her new world, Rose finds herself drawn to the boy who kissed her awake, hoping that he can help her to start fresh. But when a deadly danger jeopardizes her fragile new existance, Rose must face the ghosts of her past with open eyes — or be left without any future at all.

Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories
Release Date: September 6, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

You are not alone.

Discover how Lauren Kate transformed the feeling of that one mean girl getting under her skin into her first novel, how Lauren Oliver learned to celebrate ambiguity in her classmates and in herself, and how R.L. Stine turned being the “funny guy” into the best defense against the bullies in his class.

Today’s top authors for teens come together to share their stories about bullying—as silent observers on the sidelines of high school, as victims, and as perpetrators—in a collection at turns moving and self-effacing, but always deeply personal.

14 comments:

  1. I've got Legend on my wishlist as well. Sounds really good! Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wishlist this week! Possess looks awesome! :)

    My wishlist: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first two on my wishlist and I've read A Long Long Sleep - it's really good, I think you'll like it. It's very haunting and eerie.

    Hope you get to grab all of these soon, looks like you only have a long wait for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legend is on my wishlist too! Well not this week, but it's there. Hope you can get yours hands on these books soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Long, Long Sleep looks fab. A modern take on Sleeping Beauty? It's on my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A long long sleep seems so intriguing!! I love the cover too! Great post:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover to Possess and want to read it myself. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I so can't wait until Legend is released! :D
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices. My sis and I are also excited for "Legend".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that list sounds so perfect! I think I have those wishlisted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Long, Long Sleep and Dear Bully are both on my wishlist too! I hope you get them soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Long Long Sleep is on my list too. This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want Possess as well and just entered the goodreads contest for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, really good ones on your list! These are all wishlisters for me, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...