On My Wishlist (20)



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.


Tempest by Julia Cross
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Series: Tempest
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler. Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.

Macmillan is having a sweepstakes. Click here and enter for a chance to win 1 of 300 copies of The Tempest. (US Only)

Read a reverse excerpt here.


Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne
Release Date: February 2, 2012
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

When sixteen-year-old Faye arrives at Holbrook Academy, she doesn’t expect to find herself exactly where she needs to be. After years of strange waking visions and nightmares, her only comfort the bones of dead animals, Faye is afraid she’s going crazy. Fast.

But her first night at Holbrook, she feels strangely connected to the school and the island it sits on, like she’s come home. She’s even made her first real friends, but odd things keep happening to them. Every morning they wake on the floors of their dorm rooms with their hands stained red.

Faye knows she’s the reason, but what does it all mean? The handsome Kel tries to help her unravel the mystery, but Faye is certain she can’t trust him; in fact, he may be trying to kill her—and the rest of the world too.

Visit the Holbrook Academy website to learn more about where the story takes place. At first glance it looks like a normal school website, but then they'll be a sentence that sounds a little off that makes you wonder what Holbrook Academy really is. Like their Facebook page and become a Holbrook Academy student. Starting in October 2011, students will receive weekly passwords to preview art inspired by the the book before anyone else. Students will also be able to see updates about the Harbinger release, signings and events.


Unlovable by Sherry Gammon
Release Date: June 16, 2011
Publisher: CreateSpace
Goodreads | Amazon| Smashwords

Port Fare, New York, has fallen into the clutches of true evil. The Dreser brothers have arrived with a scheme to increase drug sales in the area by whatever means possible. Seth Prescott is part of MET (Mobile Enforcement Teams) a branch of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). He's been assigned to work undercover at Port Fare High, and things aren't going very well, until senior Maggie Brown enters the equation. He's harbored a secret crush on her from day one, and now that she is in the center of the case, he's trying to stay clear and objective while walking the line between business and unrequited love.

Maggie is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes, but is she an addict, or is there another reason for her appearance? She struggles with her feelings for Seth, fearing he is just another person who will eventually let her down, as everyone in her life has done thus far.
Maggie has spent her life caring for her alcoholic mother. A task that has left her heavily burdened and alone. Before long, her mother's health takes a turn for the worst, sending Maggie's life into a tale-spin.

While Seth works relentlessly to inject fear into the dealers and flush them out into the open, Maggie fights to stay alive as the hunt turns deadly.

Seth and Maggie's romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak, and self-discovery.




Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen
Series: Article 5 Trilogy
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials and maybe worse. People who get arrested don’t usually come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.

In the three years since the war ended, Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs—like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes—and how to pass the random home inspections by the Federal Bureau of Reformation. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow. That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.

Click here to download the Moral Statutes and find out if you're compliant. I know I'm not.

Article 5 Playlist

30 comments:

  1. Very strong covers this week. They all draw a lot of emotion.

    My wishlist is a bit more tame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices.

    I want to read Harbinger even though I'm not a big fan of the cover, however the synopsis sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wild list! I entered the giveaway for the first one, thanks for the link. :) They all sound really good, but Harbinger definitely sounds like one that will end up on my buy list - I'm not sure why Faye would just think she's crazy though. If animal bones are what gives her comfort, I think that's a sign. lol

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks this week!! Love the covers! Enjoy! :)

    On My Wishlist

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry Gammon is awesome! Haven't read her book yet, but she contacted me and offered a copy when she saw it on my wishlist on Goodreads. Maybe she will see your post here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Tempest on my wishlist as well. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! Those all look like great reads, hope you get to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am excited for TEMPEST and ARTICLE 5! Harbringer has an interesting cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, new follower! Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books. These all look like good reads and there are a few of them on my wishlist as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Article 5 sounds like an intriguing read ... I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    "Unlovable" has been on my wishlist for a while. I hope you get to read all of these soon!

    - April @ From Book to Hooked

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Your picks this week look really good, especially that Tempest.... Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love Tempest! It's not published in the UK until Jan (in hardback) and there's a cd that comes out at the same time. On my wishlist now! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list! The Tempest book looks good. Too bad I don't live in the US. I would definitely enter the sweepstakes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope all your wishes come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look like really great books!

    Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tempest looks interesting, need to add to my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by to see my wishlist.

    Tempest sounds interesting and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by! Great choices - Article 5 and The Tempest are also on my wishlist :)

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those covers, especially Harbinger. I have a thing for ribbons apparently.

    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fascinating selection of books! This week I'm wishing for a new book by Sarah Weeks. Please come see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, there! I'm a new follower.

    Thank you so much for commenting on my "On My Wishlist" post!

    You've just blown me away with these picks!! They're all GREAT!! And the book trailer and playlist are a very nice touch.

    Well, my TBR pile is growing and growing....lol.

    Have a FAB weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey,

    Thanks for the visit, and loved your blog, it's very clean.

    Tempest is a book that I've seen in great number of blogs so far.

    Looks like a hit for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They all sound really good, I especially like Article 5. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those covers! And I've really been wanting to read Tempest as well. (So of course I'm entering the sweepstakes!)

    I've actually never heard of the other books, but I'm gonna go read up on them in a moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great wishlist! I hadn't heard of Harbinger, but the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, Article 5 looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm curious about Tempest - and I LOVE that cover for Harbinger! Hadn't heard of that one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great choices! Tempest looks really cool, I'd like to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great choices! I hadn't hear of Harbringer and it sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to read The Tempest,too.Thank you so much for sharing Article 5, I definitely add it right now to my GR wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...