On My Wishlist (21)

 

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.


Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Release Date: May 22, 2011
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma's gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.


Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux BYR
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Mia Price is a lightning addict.

She’s been struck so many times she’s lost count. She can’t sleep, she’s covered in veiny red “lightning scars,” and repeated strikes have even stopped her heart on occasion. Still, Mia can’t resist a storm.

That's why Los Angeles, where it never rains, is the perfect place for her to find peace . . . until a massive earthquake devastates the city.

Now Mia finds herself struggling to hold her family together in a strange and terrifying new version of Los Angeles. The beaches have become massive tent cities populated by millions of homeless. Downtown is a wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the attendees drawn to the destruction by a magnetic force they cannot deny.

The blind prophet of a doomsday cult called the Church of Light, who predicted the earthquake with frightening accuracy, says a storm is coming to usher in the end of days, and only his Followers will be saved. Mia’s traumatized mom has become obsessed with the Church of Light, while her younger brother Parker is desperate to join a second doomsday cult called the Seekers. But Mia is the one both cults need.

The Seekers are recruiting people with an energy-based power they call the “Spark,” and Mia has it stronger than most. They claim the false prophet of the Church of Light will bring about the end of the world, and they are the only ones who can stand against him.

But without Mia on their side, they will fail.

Mia’s lightning addiction is both the key to saving the world. . . and destroying it.


Winter Town by Steve Emond
Release Date: December 5, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown BYR
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Every winter, straight-laced, Ivy League bound Evan looks forward to a visit from Lucy, a childhood pal who moved away after her parent's divorce. But when Lucy arrives this year, she's changed. The former "girl next door" now has chopped dyed black hair, a nose stud, and a scowl. But Evan knows that somewhere beneath the Goth, "Old Lucy" still exists, and he's determined to find her... even if it means pissing her off.


Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Walker & Company
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.



Destined by Jessie Harrell
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Publisher: Mae Dae Publishing
Goodreads | Amazon

When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.



The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker 
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Publisher: Usborne
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life.

Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.

Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.

While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.

24 comments:

  1. Great picks this week!
    The Other Life sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look really good! Destined looks good!

    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struck sounds very interesting! I'll have to check it out. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evil Petra, tempting me with the pretty covers! lol

    Struck, Scarlet and Destined all sound really good - I haven't seen any of them pop up on any of my recommend lists anywhere, so they're new to me (and added to my wishlist!).

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Great wishlist! Hope you enjoy them all when you get to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fab choices. Loving the blurb for Struck!
    Shaz @ Jera's Jamboree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I want to read Destined and The Other Life - great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What great picks! I think I like the look of all of them!
    This means more to add to my ever growing book piles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    These all look awesome! And I love the covers. Hope you get to read them soon.

    - April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe it or not, I hadn't heard of ANY of these until I read this post! I like the look of Of Poseidon and The Other Life though.

    Like my wishlist wasn't big enough already...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg what with all the great picks!? lol Thanks for sharing! I've added a couple of them to my ever growing TBR list :D

    Amy's Wishlist
    Check out my Summer Favorties Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those all look so good! Is that a mer book I spy at the top??? Oh I must add that one! :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing selection! I so want to read Struck, too. And Poseidon's cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the sound of Of Poseidon. And the cover is STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I haven't heard of any of these, but they all sound great! I will be adding most (if not all) of them to my tbr list! Oh, and I'm a new follower now. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks, I want to read all of those as well. Now following! If you would like to check out my wishlist this week go here:
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-my-wishlist-13.html
    Have a great week, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice wish list this week, I have to say I am quite curious about Struck, I'm gonna have to look into that book more...thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of great picks! Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I actually just added Of Poseidon to my TBR list! I hope you get it soon and enjoy it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great picks! Scarlet and Winter Town sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome wishlist! Wintertwon sounds particularly appealing to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the cover of Destined. Looks awesome!!

    Thanks for stopping by Lost in Literature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Struck was already on my wishlist.
    And now I've added another 4.
    Great picks.

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete
  24. great picks. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...