"Waiting On" Wednesday: Pure



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Pure by Julianna Baggott
Release Date: February 8, 2012
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Series: Pure
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

We know you are here, our brothers and sisters . . .
Pressia barely remembers the Detonations or much about life during the Before. In her sleeping cabinet behind the rubble of an old barbershop where she lives with her grandfather, she thinks about what is lost-how the world went from amusement parks, movie theaters, birthday parties, fathers and mothers . . . to ash and dust, scars, permanent burns, and fused, damaged bodies. And now, at an age when everyone is required to turn themselves over to the militia to either be trained as a soldier or, if they are too damaged and weak, to be used as live targets, Pressia can no longer pretend to be small. Pressia is on the run.

Burn a Pure and Breathe the Ash . . .
There are those who escaped the apocalypse unmarked. Pures. They are tucked safely inside the Dome that protects their healthy, superior bodies. Yet Partridge, whose father is one of the most influential men in the Dome, feels isolated and lonely. Different. He thinks about loss-maybe just because his family is broken; his father is emotionally distant; his brother killed himself; and his mother never made it inside their shelter. Or maybe it's his claustrophobia: his feeling that this Dome has become a swaddling of intensely rigid order. So when a slipped phrase suggests his mother might still be alive, Partridge risks his life to leave the Dome to find her.

When Pressia meets Partridge, their worlds shatter all over again.

Click here to download an excerpt.

28 comments:

  1. Pure sounds awesome! Great pick. Mine is at: http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Pure waiting to be read on my shelf. It sounds awesome. Can't wait to dive into it. Excellent pick!

    My W.O.W:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd never seen this one before. lots of dystopians out there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choice, I saw this on goodreads a while back and can't wait for it. Great pick. =]
    New Follower.
    Here is My WoW this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pick... This sound like something I might read.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I have a copy of this book somewhere in my shelf and I can't wait to read it! :) I heard it's so good!

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow not much of a choice in careers here, sounds like a great new dystopian and I definitely want it. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sounds good. Another book for the wishlist. Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Julianna Baggott! The Ever Breath is a favorite.

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm...this gave me the tingles...literally. I want this book. Nice choice. New Follower!

    Check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book really sounds so good! I will definitely add it on my TBR! =) My list is going crazy! lol!

    And yes, I'm enjoying Beautiful Disaster! It's really really good =)

    Thanks for stopping by and for sharing this one!

    April
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure sounds hauntingly beautiful. Dystopian novels are one of my favorites and this one sounds really great. I've got this on my wishlist for sure. Great choice!

    My WoW

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds intriguing, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! Hadn't heard of this before but keeping my eyes peeled now!

    P.S - New follower!

    Anki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not heard of this...but looks great. Thanks for coming to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really interesting! I love post-apocalyptic novels. The cover is awesome, too. Great pick!

    I'm a new follower, by the way. :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have an ARC of this book and from what I've read of it so far, it's really amazing. I love it and I can't wait to see how it ends and what happens next in the series. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My WoW!
    Don't forget to enter: My Birthday Bash Giveaway! (Sorry, Not International!)
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo... This looks great! I'll be Kindling this for sure! Thanks for the comment on my WoW!

    Cheers!
    ~Lia
    http://lialexis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't heard of this one! Looks pretty neat!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This book looks so good. I also really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo. what a pretty cover. I managed to pick this up at BEA. Good pick. Haven't managed to read it yet. It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am eager for all things dystopia these days. And that cover is amazing. This is one that I can't wait to get my hands on!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hadn't heard of this one before I read your post but oh my does it sounds AMAZING or what!!! Can't wait to read it :)
    Thnx for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice. I've never heard of this book. But it seems interesting and my kind of book, so I'll definitely watch out check it out once it comes out. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Oh. And I like your WoW button:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello =)
    thank you for stopping by! I have hear a lot about this book recently! I cant wait for it =9thank for sharing =P

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds really great. I think I've seen this before, but I totally forgot about it again, so thank you very much for sharing. I definitely need to put this onto my to-read list now. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  27. MINE MINE MINE! I want that so badly now! Great WOW

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...