Teasers from Until I Die
- As Jules kissed my cheeks he whispered, "She has nothing on you, of course, Kates. It's just that you’re so very…taken."
- "Still in one piece?" Vincent teased, pulling me close & planting a soft kiss on my lips. "After dirty-dancing with Jules, I'm not sure."
- "How’s your dance card look?" "Double-check your century Jules. No dance cards." Jules shrugged & gave me his most flirtatious smile.
- A few Paris blocks away I led a completely normal life with my sister & grandparents. And here I was sword fighting with dead guys.
- "All this yummy muscleness first thing in the morning is almost too much for me to take," she cooed, and gave him a playful wink as she scooted herself into the front seat. I shook my head. If "Flirt" qualified as a foreign language, my sister and Ambrose would both have PhDs in it.
- Gaspard eyed me cautiously. "I really can't say," he responded in his formal nineteenth-century style. Can't, or won’t? I thought.
- "The day I stop seeing you as one of the strongest people I know is the day I wake up human."
- We stood in the graveyard, among the tombstones, forty-some dead people and me. A couple of my fellow funeral-goers had even been in their own coffins, deep under several feet of French soil.
- "Oh, please, Vincent. We're in the middle of a major tourist site. Père Lachaise cemetary is practically Disneyland for the Dead. It's not some Buffy soundstage with vampires rising out of the ground every time someone turns around."
- "Kate, I admit that we aren't in the easiest of situations. But are you always this . . . complicated?"
I opened my mouth to say something, but Vincent shook his head, grinning. "Actually, don't answer that. Of course you are. I wouldn't be so totally into you if you weren't."