"Waiting On" Wednesday: Hemlock



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Release Date: Summer 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Series: The Hemlock Trilogy
Goodreads

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Hemlock is the first novel in a spellbinding urban fantasy trilogy filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.

I like to listen to an author's music playlist to help me get a feel for the story. Here is Kathleen's playlist for Hemlock:

21 comments:

  1. Oh god! I love this cover and Im looking forward for this release too =9

    Have a great week and happy reading ^____^

    My WoW
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-winterling-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my tbr/wish list. Sounds amazing and I adore the cover. Great choice! Can't wait for this either.

    Happy reading! Love your layout. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your WoW graphic. It is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds so good and the cover is gorgeous! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this definitely looks interesting. I love it when authors post soundtrack lists for their books. It's fun to see what music inspires people to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a long time to wait for this one but it sounds like it will be worth it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I've ever heard of this, but this sounds amazing! And such a pretty cover. Great pick. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds great! It's the first I hear of it too! I love the cover.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG It's that book~ Haha, I don't know how many times I've said that while commenting on a WoW xD I really want to read this as well~ Cool pick~
    Here's mine: http://onlysomewhatqueer.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-oct-5-cool-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting book. First I've heard of it, though, but I'll add it to my wish list! And I like some of that playlist, too, but it's really random, hahaha.

    WoW at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... I usually don't like books with werewolves but this one sounds pretty interesting actually... one more to add to the wishlist, ahah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh i almost picked this one!

    i follow you here!

    here's my WOW post! Stop by and let me know what your fav read has been so far this year!! I also posted a review of my WOW..so technically I guess I already finished with my waiting!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah, gorgeous cover! I've been adding and adding and adding to my wishlist today. Wednesdays are dangerous.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added this to my tbr list the other day. It sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg looove this cover! I'll definitely have to check this one out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first I'm hearing about this one. I am reading lots of werewolf books right now, and this one looks like it'd be right up my alley! Great choice, I'm going to add it to my TBR list right now! And thanks for stopping by my WoW!
    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome choice! I can't wait for this one :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Check my post:
    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-1.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Hadn't seen this book before or heard of it. The cover is so pretty. Me really interested in this book now. Awesome WOW choice. Come check out my WOW choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cover is GORGEOUS!!! Need to check it out :) Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...