"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Release Date: Summer 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Series: The Hemlock Trilogy
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.
Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer: A white werewolf.
Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.
Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.
Hemlock is the first novel in a spellbinding urban fantasy trilogy filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.
I like to listen to an author's music playlist to help me get a feel for the story. Here is Kathleen's playlist for Hemlock:
- Matthew Good - While We Were Hunting Rabbits
- Oasis - D'You Know What I Mean?
- Matthew Good - Weapon
- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Beck - Think I'm In Love
- Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love
- Aimee Mann - The Scientist
- Staind - It's Been Awhile
- Tegan and Sara - The Con
- The Cure - Burn
- Matthew Good - Born Losers
- Death Cab for Cutie - Photobooth
- Kate Nash - Foundations
- The Stills - Don't Talk Down
- Death Cab for Cutie - We Looked Like Giants
- John Murphy - In the House - In a Heartbeat
- Tegan and Sara - Walking With a Ghost
- Luna - Bonnie and Clyde
- Gary Jules - Mad World
- Arcade Fire - My Body Is a Cage