"Waiting On" Wednesday: Lies Beneath



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Lies Beneath by Anna Greenwood Brown
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Press BYR
Series: Lies Beneath
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistible good looks and charm on unsuspecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

I think the conflict that Calder faces makes this story sound particularly interesting and unlike most of the books I've read, it's told from a male's perspective. The next book in the series, Water Lily will be from Lily's point of view.

THE LIES BENEATH PLAYLIST

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I cannot wait to get my hands on this book!! Great pick!! I love the playlist too! I also love the entire feel of your blog, and I'm now following you! :)

    Here's my WoW: http://tiny.cc/vzkks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds intriguing. I don't know if I've ever read a book from the perspective of a merman. I'll definitely be checking this one out. Love the playlist too! My son used to drive me bonkers with the Star Wars video for "Take Me Out", the one from that MTV show Video mods. Great blog, I'm a new follower. Check out my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that sounds pretty awesome. I don't think I've ever read a story with a merman hero..


    My W.O.W.

    New follower, hopping through :)

    Jess The Romanceaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot to like about this from what I am reading. Male POV for anything romantic is quite rare, to start. Merfolk tales are awesome. And the name Calder is both really cool and totally appropriate for the hero. I am looking forward to Lies Beneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of YA books told from the male POV and murdering mermaids sounds exciting too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great, my WOW http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds pretty cool I love underwater covers!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaaaaaaah!!! thanks for sharing! first time I hear about this book. I haven read any siren book so far T_T I sux!! but I definetely will! =)
    ^.^

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. havent read any sirenbooks T_T but I will, hopefully soon. Thnx for sharing!

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, more nasty mermaids! Lost Voices was like that but this sounds even more grim and I love that this time it's male mermaids - mermen? I really like that it's told from the guy's perspective in the first book, that doesn't happen a lot.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I might have to add this to my wishlist. Mermaids AND Lake Superior (I'm a Michigander) = win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sound really cool. I love mermaids. I like that it will be told from the male perspective too.

    My WoW http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the second time I've seen this one today, and the cover is absolutely gorgeous! I'll definitely have to check it out :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any mermaid books yet, so this could be an interesting place to start. I'd never think to look for mermaids in a lake!

    WOW @ Working for the Mandroid

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This one sounds interesting. I haven't had the chance to read any mermaid books, but I might have to add this to my wishlist!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think I've ever heard of this book yet! I am very interested! :) Thanks for sharing! I really dig the cover! I don't think I've ever gotten into any good mermaids book. Maybe this will change my thought!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any mermaid books either! It definitely sounds different though, I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOh saw this one earlier today too! Love the cover! Might have to give it a go as well!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is unusual for the point of view to be from the male. I will keep an eye out for this one. Thanks for visiting my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this sounds great! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been wanting to read this! Mermaaaids! And a male one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've not heard of this one before! It sounds awesome. :) Thanks for sharing, Petra! I'm going to add it to my list right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mermaids. I like the concept and sound of this book. Saw it on a few other's WOW. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by!

    It seems like there's a lot of mermaid stuff coming out! I haven't read any mermaid ones yet. I should probably check some out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...