"Waiting On" Wednesday: Chosen Ones



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
Release Date: April, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Series: The Lost Souls
Goodreads

What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival?

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger.

But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?

What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival?

Love can't be engineered

I love cryptic lines like those. What do they mean! I need to know! And what a gorgeous cover with earth tones and beautifully disheveled looking dress. A dystopian series would of been my first guess just by looking at the cover if I hadn't of known what it was already.

17 comments:

  1. Chosen Ones sounds very good!! I've just seen this one last week. The cover looks pretty! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great! The cover is awesome and the summary hypnotizing. Can't wait for it to come out. Thanks for sharing!

    Jez
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a gorgeous cover and an exciting summary. I definitely need to get a copy of this as soon as possible! :D

    Great pick,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover! saw this one on a cover reveal. awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover looks absolutely gorgeous, and the summry is exciting. I need to get a copy of this one asap.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you picked this! I really can't wait to read this book. It sounds absolutely amazing. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the cover and it was gorgeous. I honestly did't pay too much attention to what it was about but now I am sold. It's on the TBR list!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this one. Sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice ... I've been waiting to read this book as well :)

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds right up my alley!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard about this one before, but it will definitely be going on my to read pile!:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one has definitely intrigued me enough to put it on my TBR list. Great WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am eagerly waiting for this one too. love the cover! great pick :)

    check out our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds really good but it sounds so much like that movie Children of Men. It's almost the same concept of women not being able to have children. Great choice! I'm going to have to add that to my TBR pile! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really excited for this one. A new dystopian for me to read and the cover is really pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!!! I can't WAIT for this one either. I will read anything Entangled dishes out!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Another new book to add to my list! :) Not sure how I missed this one, but it sounds pretty awesome. :) Thanks for sharing, Petra!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...