"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Beautiful and the Cursed



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
Release Date: May 14, 2013
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Series: The Dispossessed
Amazon | B&N | The Book Depository | IndieBound

After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid's twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn't a house at all. It's an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn't dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he's in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she'll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.

Only the path to him is more than she could ever imagine.

The Beautiful and the Cursed involves gargoyle lore. The only thing I know about the lore is that gargoyles supposedly scared off and protected from any evil or harmful spirits. It's always great to read about something that doesn't come up in books often and I also love that the story is set in Paris. I imagine when people think about gargoyles, the most famous examples are those of Notre Dame. An old image of the Parisian cathedral is what first inspired the story and I can see why, especially at night. It looks like it would fit perfectly in a paranormal story.

Notre Dame de Paris

A gargoyle stands guard as night falls over the City of Light.

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE Gargoyles!!!!!! WE need more books about them and this one sounds phenomenal :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for selecting it! I'll have to add it to my TBR pile for the future. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you'd like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't seen this one yet. Love all the pics and graphics btw.

    :)
    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHhh Gargoyles! Now that's a different theme we haven't read about yet :D That cover makes me laugh. She's a damsel in distress :D Love that it's set in Paris <3

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that sounds intriguing! I love gargoyles!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O that's what I'm talking about. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds so good. I'm adding in on my to-read list! Great pick.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gargoyle lore! That is different! Sounds creepy and very intriguing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds sooo awesome :) !! I love Paris, it's so beautiful and Notre Dame is one of my favourite places to go when I'm there !! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. It sounds like a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great, I've added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great choice, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty cover. :D This sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing!
    -Rachel @ Read. Write. Ramble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this one as a to-read and I'm definitely excited to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great book and the cover is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been seeing this book around a lot this week, and it looks super interesting. Love the cover as well. It's definitely been added to my TBR :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I'm so curious about this one as well! Hope you love it when it comes out :)

    Old follower, here's my WoW post

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not to many books involving gargoyles around. I definitely need to check this one out! Great pick! Thanks for sharing. :)

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Thanks for sharing this one! I hadn't heard of it before now but it looks amazing! Added to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I LOVE THIS COVER! And, it sounds really good!! Plus, it's in PARIS! :D
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick! I have it on my TBR list as well, it seems really good. :)
    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book definitely sounds interesting and I would love to read it. It looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always been fascinated by gargoyles. And so I'll have to put this on my TBR list. The cover is also beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This cover is AWESOME! SOOOO pretty and mesmerizing!! and gargoyles! that sounds awesome! Great pick!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh this books sounds really good. And I really like the pictures. It adds something to your pick. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...