"Waiting On" Wednesday: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Release Date: August 15, 2013
Publisher: Dial
Series: Between
Amazon | B&N | The Book Depository | IndieBound

You stop fearing the devil when you're holding his hand.

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White's sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more?

Violet's grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery…who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that's just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

I didn't even need to finished reading the synopsis for this book to know that I wanted it. The first line drew me in right away and I pre-ordered it as soon as it was possible. The image and typography they use for the cover is gorgeous. Since the release is the day before my birthday, it will be kind of a gift to myself :-)

If you're counting down the days until the release of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, you can grab a countdown widget for it here.

15 comments:

  1. Ahh! I've been waiting on this book for months now! I SO SO SO SO SO want to read it now. D: Why is the release date so far away? ;_; Great pick for this week! I love the cover, the typography is gorgeous. ^.^ Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this book sounds good! I've seen the cover around but never really paid much attention to it. The blurb is really intriguing though. Great pick!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pick. I can't wait to get a copy of this one.

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to read this book too! And that first sentenced definitely was the first thing to draw me in.
    Awesome pick!

    My WoW: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my WoW! I haven't heard of the one you post but it does look really good I will need to add it to my goodreads!

    I'm a new GFC follower :D (Two-Tall-Tales)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been hearing a LOT about thsi one! Sounds awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! This one does sound great. And yay for good books being released on your birthday!
    my WoW @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had this book on my tbr for so long! I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! Not really my type of book, but I might have to pick it up when it comes out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I can't wait to read it. :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is gorgeous! And I've actually seen this book awhile ago but dismissed it because I thought it was a total horror book. I mean common, dark scary book cover, and a boy compared to the Devil? But, for some reason, after re-reading the synopsis here...it made me be interested in it and I just added it to my goodreads! Thanks for helping me put this book back in my TBR pile and thanks for stopping by! :) Just followed you on GFC.

    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. o_O Stop sharing intriguing reads, okay? ;_; I'm so broke, I don't know what I'm even doing online. :'D Anyways, thanks (and I kinda hate you) for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES! Amazing pick, this one going to be one of my upcoming WoW picks as well :D We had similar experiences when we first stumbled onto this one to be honest! It'll make for a perfect birthday surprise I'm sure ;) Thanks for sharing.

    Old follower,
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been anxiously waiting for this one too! Can't wait to read it, great pick :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...